- India is about 1/3 the size of the United States, yet it is the second most populous country in the world, with a population of 1,166,079,217.
- India is the seventh largest country in the world, at 1.27 million square miles.
- More than a million Indians are millionaires, yet most Indians live on less than two dollars a day. An estimated 35% of India’s population lives below the poverty line.
- India is the largest democracy in the world.
- India’s sacred cows
Cows can be found freely wandering the streets of India’s cities. They are considered sacred and will often wear a tilak, a Hindu symbol of good fortune. Cows are considered one of humankind’s seven mothers because they offer milk as does one’s natural mother.
Iconic domed Mughal mausoleum
17th-century, Mughal-style, marble mausoleum with minarets, a mosque & famously symmetrical gardens.
16th-century hilltop fort & palace
Structure known as both Amer and Amber, with Hindu & Muslim elements & offering elephant rides.
The Red Fort
Iconic 1600s imperial residence & museum
Landmark 17th-century Mughal fortress built in towering red sandstone, now a complex of museums.
Website Created by: Green Forest Marketing
- More Similar to or Different from You – How Do You Like Your Protagonists?October 11, 2017 - 5:01 pm
More Similar to or Different from You – How Do You Like Your Protagonists? I remember reading a blog post a year or so ago about the trend toward awful/bitchy/ugly/unpleasant – fill in your own blank – heroines. People are bored with nice girls finishing first, or so the assertion was made. I gotta tell […]