- The entire landmass of the Philippines is made up islands, making it the second-largest archipelago in the world.In fact, the Philippines has approximately 7,500 islands with only 2,000 of them inhabited and nearly 5,000 still unnamed on global maps.
- The Philippines was the first country in Southeast Asia to gain independence after World War II, in 1945.
- The Philippines has the highest rate of discovery of new animal species with 16 new species of mammals discovered just in the last 10 years.
- The Philippines are named after King Philip II of Spain. Explorer Ruy López de Villalobos named the Eastern Visayas Felipenas first, and the name was later applied to the entire archipelago. The country’s official name is the Republic of the Philippines.
- There are about 175 languages spoken in the Philippines, with 171 of them considered “living,” while four tribal dialects have no known living speakers. The country’s official languages are Filipino (based on Tagalog) and English, with Cebuano and Ilocano also popular in some regions. But when Filipinos interact with tourists and foreigners, it’s easy for them to speak English since it’s the fifth largest English-speaking nation behind the U.S., India, Pakistan, and the U.K.
Large park for strolling & public events
Grand 140-acre park featuring lawns, gardens, outdoor events & a monument to hero José Rizal.
SM Mall of Asia
Huge destination for shops, rides & more
Massive bayfront shopping mall with an amusement park, theater, restaurants & convention center.
Manila Ocean Park
Live shows & displays about marine life
Aquatic theme park & educational facility featuring hands-on activities, an oceanarium & live shows.
Website Created by: Green Forest Marketing
- More Similar to or Different from You – How Do You Like Your Protagonists?October 11, 2017 - 5:01 pm
More Similar to or Different from You – How Do You Like Your Protagonists? I remember reading a blog post a year or so ago about the trend toward awful/bitchy/ugly/unpleasant – fill in your own blank – heroines. People are bored with nice girls finishing first, or so the assertion was made. I gotta tell […]