- Founded in 1755, Laredo grew from a villa to the capital of the brief Republic of the Rio Grande to the largest inland port on the United States-Mexican Border.
- Laredo is also known as “The Gateway City” & “The City Under Seven Flags”.
- Laredo’s economy is based on international trade with Mexico.
- Laredo is one of the oldest border crossing points along the U.S.-Mexico border, and the nation’s largest inland port of entry.
Lake Casa Blanca International State Park
Fishing, picnics & many other activities
Fishing, swimming & waterskiing, plus sports courts, playgrounds, trails & picnic pavilions.
Republic of the Rio Grande Museum
House-museum with 19th-century artifacts
Historic house museum in a 19th-century home featuring displays & period furnishings.
The Imaginarium of South Texas
Website Created by: Green Forest Marketing
- More Similar to or Different from You – How Do You Like Your Protagonists?October 11, 2017 - 5:01 pm
More Similar to or Different from You – How Do You Like Your Protagonists? I remember reading a blog post a year or so ago about the trend toward awful/bitchy/ugly/unpleasant – fill in your own blank – heroines. People are bored with nice girls finishing first, or so the assertion was made. I gotta tell […]