- When the Apollo 11 moon lander touched down, Neil Armstrong said, “Houston, Tranquility base here. The Eagle has landed,” making “Houston” the first word said on the moon.
- Houston is larger as a city than the entire state of Maryland.
- The total area of Houston is so large, it could contain the cities of New York, Boston, and San Francisco at the same time.
- If you love going to restaurants, Houston may be your city. Residents of Houston eat out more times a week than in any other city in America.
Space Center Houston
Close-up look at the U.S. Space Program
Educational center highlighting all eras of U.S. space travel via exhibits, tours & attractions.
Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Complex with a renowned art collection
Distinct campus & sculpture garden with notable art from antiquity to today, plus films & programs.
Lions & tigers & bears… and more
Visitors can see 6,000+ animals in natural habitat-style exhibits & watch daily care & feedings.
Website Created by: Green Forest Marketing
- More Similar to or Different from You – How Do You Like Your Protagonists?October 11, 2017 - 5:01 pm
More Similar to or Different from You – How Do You Like Your Protagonists? I remember reading a blog post a year or so ago about the trend toward awful/bitchy/ugly/unpleasant – fill in your own blank – heroines. People are bored with nice girls finishing first, or so the assertion was made. I gotta tell […]