- Egyptian men and women wore makeup. It was thought to have healing powers, plus it helped protect their skin from the sun.
- They used moldy bread to help with infections.
- They were one of the first civilizations to invent writing. They also used ink to write and paper called papyrus.
- The Ancient Egyptians were scientists and mathematicians. They had numerous inventions including ways to build buildings, medicine, cosmetics, the calendar, the plow for farming, musical instruments, and even toothpaste.
- Ancient Egypt plays a major role in the Bible. The Israelites were held captive there as slaves for many years. Moses helped them escape and led them to the Promised Land.
- The Pharaoh kept his hair covered. It was not to be seen by regular people.
- Cats were considered sacred in Ancient Egypt.
Great Sphinx of Giza
Monolithic Ancient Egyptian monument
Iconic stone monument that is more than 4,500 years old & has a human face on a lion’s body.
Abu Simbel temples
Massive monument from 13th-century BC
Huge 3,000-year-old monument to Ramesses II, one of two temples relocated when Aswan dam was built.
Vast iconic complex of temple ruins
Huge temple site with preserved ancient ruins & over 200 structures, including giant Amen-Ra temple.
Website Created by: Green Forest Marketing
- More Similar to or Different from You – How Do You Like Your Protagonists?October 11, 2017 - 5:01 pm
More Similar to or Different from You – How Do You Like Your Protagonists? I remember reading a blog post a year or so ago about the trend toward awful/bitchy/ugly/unpleasant – fill in your own blank – heroines. People are bored with nice girls finishing first, or so the assertion was made. I gotta tell […]