- The Battle of Gettysburg took place in the North, when the South invaded the small town of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
- Ten roads led into Gettysburg, which is a main reason that the battle was fought there. It was easy to locate.
- The battle was fought July 1-July 3, 1863.
- The Confederates were confident they would win the battle because Robert E. Lee had just led his army to victory at the Battle of Chancellorsville, Virginia in May.
- The Union won the Battle of Gettysburg.
Gettysburg National Military Park
Gettysburg Battlefield & war artifacts
Sprawling park includes Gettysburg Battlefied & more historic land, plus a Civil War museum.
Eisenhower National Historic Site
Tours of the former President’s home
Tranquil former home of President Eisenhower offers tours, military exhibits & a kids programs.
Gettysburg Heritage Center
Realistic figures in life-size dioramas
Historical spot with self-guided tours features a re-creation of the Battle of Gettysburg & more.
Website Created by: Green Forest Marketing
- More Similar to or Different from You – How Do You Like Your Protagonists?October 11, 2017 - 5:01 pm
More Similar to or Different from You – How Do You Like Your Protagonists? I remember reading a blog post a year or so ago about the trend toward awful/bitchy/ugly/unpleasant – fill in your own blank – heroines. People are bored with nice girls finishing first, or so the assertion was made. I gotta tell […]