- Located on the southeast coast of the Persian Gulf with a population of 2,327,000 residents (at the end of 2014), Dubai is the most populous city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- In addition to being a leading global city, Dubai is one of the seven emirates that make up the country known as the United Arab Emirates or simply the “Emirates” or the “UAE.” Established in December, 1971, the seven emirates of UAE are Abu Dhabi (which serves as the capital), Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah, and Umm al-Quwain. Each emirate is governed by an absolute monarch; together the monarchs make up the Federal Supreme Council. One of the seven monarchs is selected as the President of the United Arab Emirates.
- Dubai and Abu Dhabi are the only two of the seven emirates to have veto power over critical matters of national importance in the United Arab Emirates legislature.
- Although English is widely used, Arabic is the official language of Dubai and the United Arab Emirates.
- Islam is the official religion of Dubai and the UAE.
160-story skyscraper & observation deck
Spired 828-meter skyscraper with a viewing deck, restaurant, hotel and offices and 11-hectare park.
Burj Al Arab
Luxe hotel with posh suites & dining
Opulent hotel featuring ornate suites, plus a free breakfast buffet, 9 restaurants, 4 pools & a spa.
The Dubai Mall
Expansive shopping & leisure complex
Huge shopping and leisure centre, with department stores, plus an ice rink, aquarium and a cinema.
Website Created by: Green Forest Marketing
- More Similar to or Different from You – How Do You Like Your Protagonists?October 11, 2017 - 5:01 pm
More Similar to or Different from You – How Do You Like Your Protagonists? I remember reading a blog post a year or so ago about the trend toward awful/bitchy/ugly/unpleasant – fill in your own blank – heroines. People are bored with nice girls finishing first, or so the assertion was made. I gotta tell […]