- Cork has the second largest natural harbour in the world after Sydney Harbour
- Cork is home to the oldest yacht club in the world – founded in 1720 and now also has a class of racing yacht called a ‘1720’ to commemorate that event.
- Cobh in the lower harbour was the Titanic’s last port of call on its ill fated journey.
- The world’s first motor boat race took place in Cork Harbour.
Medieval castle keep & baronial mansion
Legendary stone granting gift of the gab
Fota Wildlife Park
Vast park with exotic animals & plants
Saint Fin Barre’s Cathedral
Victorian Gothic edifice with spires
Website Created by: Green Forest Marketing
- More Similar to or Different from You – How Do You Like Your Protagonists?October 11, 2017 - 5:01 pm
More Similar to or Different from You – How Do You Like Your Protagonists? I remember reading a blog post a year or so ago about the trend toward awful/bitchy/ugly/unpleasant – fill in your own blank – heroines. People are bored with nice girls finishing first, or so the assertion was made. I gotta tell […]