Auckland, New Zealand
- When it was determined by Dutch explorers that New Zealand was not attached to the South American continent, they changed its name from Staten Landt (South America) to Nova Zeelandia (New Zealand), after the Dutch province of Zeeland.
- Wellington, New Zealand, is the southernmost national capital in the world at latitude 41.2° South. It also shares the honor of being the most remote capital with Canberra, Australia, over 1,243 miles (2000 km) away.
- Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom is the official queen of New Zealand. She is represented in the country by a governor general.
- New Zealand has seven times as many sheep and three times as many cows as people.
- Sky Tower
Panoramic city views & bungee jumping
Landmark 60-story tower featuring panoramic views, bungee jumping & a high-end revolving restaurant.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum
Museum home for army & regional history
A fine neoclassical building & memorial containing a permanent collection & temporary exhibits.
- Kelly Tarlton’s Sea Life Aquarium
Underwater viewing & marine animals
Aquatic life habitats are explored via glass viewing tunnels, displays & shows at this site.
Website Created by: Green Forest Marketing
- More Similar to or Different from You – How Do You Like Your Protagonists?October 11, 2017 - 5:01 pm
More Similar to or Different from You – How Do You Like Your Protagonists? I remember reading a blog post a year or so ago about the trend toward awful/bitchy/ugly/unpleasant – fill in your own blank – heroines. People are bored with nice girls finishing first, or so the assertion was made. I gotta tell […]